Monday 22 October 2012

OUGD403 - Group crit and evaluation: Kirsty typeface

My crit involved sitting down with Simon and another student to review how successful my typeface is. I found the conversation really constructive and helpful and I was able to gain more knowledge on ways in which I could ensure my work is to the highest standard possible. I was told I could maybe experiment with my typeface by completing the following tasks:

  • Print off one letter enlarged to produce an image rather than a set of letters
  • Try lowercase lettering to see how well it works
  • Maybe try my letters in sentences to see whether all letters work well next to each other
I was given lots of positive feedback which gives me confidence. I was told that my work was intricate, detailed and even at a distance or when it is at a smaller scale it would still work as a set. 

When I get any spare time I am going to experiment further and develop my work by considering what was said to me during my crit. I don't think this will be too time consuming but it will be worth it to see a variety of outcomes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment