Friday 25 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate: Final Crit

Today we were given feedback on our final product. I found this crit extremely useful. It was a very honest, different crit to any we have had before, but this is the sort of process we need to get used to, as realistically this is what happens in the graphic design industry.

We had to leave our work for 45 minutes for Amber and Simon to have a look at, and I also left prototypes of boxes along with some of my printed sheets to show my process. They then wrote notes about our work ready to feed back to us.

I was really pleased with the feedback I received and it was exactly what I had hoped to hear. Having experimented lots and changed my idea along the way I feel that I managed to reach a strong final product idea and have produced it to the highest quality I could.

I was told that I had a perfect balance of infographics as the symbols portrayed the information well and at the same time remained subtle. I was also told that it was a different idea which would work well. A suggestion that was made was that I could perhaps try using ribbon and tissue paper to give it an added luxurious feel to it. I have already thought about both of these things and attempted creating my own tissue paper but it didn't work as the stock was too thin. I will however have another attempt at this as well as packaging for ribbon.

I also considered whilst I was sat in the crit, the idea of creating a barcode. However, this wasn't brought up as a change to make, and I like the effect the simple price has on the front of the box. If a barcode was needed (which it would be) I would have protective cellophane covering the box anyway to protect it.

Overall, one of the main points that was raised about the successful pieces of work was the fact that if you settle on an idea and really try and perfect it, it usually fulfils the brief and works well, rather than overcomplicating things and expecting to produce a larger workload than is necessary in the given time, as it won't be as good as it could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment