Tuesday 19 February 2013

OUGD406 - Design Is About Doing: Crit

I felt as though the crit today was very successful and I particularly liked the format of it. We were all put into groups, Harrison and I were assigned to a group and it turned out that most of our group weren't in today which meant that we were asked to join another group for today. In our group we therefore had James, Jane, Pri and Danielle.

I started by presenting my work and the concept behind each idea. I then asked the rest of the group for their responses and narrowed my designs down to three of the most successful. From this I was able to ask the group for suggestions about how I could possibly improve my work to strengthen the designs. 

Below are the two designs which were liked the most and the comments which were made about each one.
 
This design was liked by two of the group members as they liked the use of colour. They felt it created impact and they were instantly drawn to the heart. 
 
Everyone in the group liked this design and said that I could maybe try it with a red heart in the centre rather than a white heart, as it may draw in more attention. I will therefore show these changes and experiment before making a final decision on the most successful design.


I got most feedback on this design as it is quite detailed and I wanted to know what I could do to improve it. Once again I was told to try it with red in the design. It was suggested that I could change two lines vertically and two lines horizontally to just break the background lines up a bit. I was also told to maybe try erasing the lines from inside the tuxedo and placing heart inside it in the same way I had done on the first idea. 


I experimented with all of these ideas and came to the conclusion that I actually preferred the middle idea with the heart remaining white. This is because I felt as though the red in the centre was too harsh and it made the design look less professional. 









No comments:

Post a Comment