Friday 1 March 2013

OUGD406 - Communication Is A Virus: Crit

Today we had another crit. We went into the studio and sat around in a circle with Simon and two other groups. The other two groups went before us and spoke about their work and what they had produced over the past two weeks. We gave our opinions to them and then Simon made some suggestions.

Then it was our turn to present our work. I started by explaining how we had come up with the idea of 'Charitea' to tie Comic Relief in with the theme of tea. I then showed the rest of the group the belly band I had produced to wrap around the cup and explained how I had contacted Comic Relief for balloons, stickers and a fundraising form. I also showed the print out of the character designs Sarah had illustrated and explained how I had developed the idea to represent tea bags and the shape of them. We also explained how we had to get permission before we could definitely go ahead with the tea stand. Harrison, Beth and Danielle then proceeded to explain the pieces of work they had produced.

We were given lots of positive feedback and nobody really made any suggestions for what we could improve or add to our design work. I was quite surprised really as there is usually always improvements which could be made. In terms of cost though, Simon did say that we could probably get funding from the college as it is a charitable event. We will be going to ask about this on Monday and we will be inquiring about it to Mike Flower as he is in charge of this. We then spoke about the donation of 50p for each cup of tea and mentioned that people may want to donate more. So I said that we would benefit from having a box to collect the money in and after the crit I said that I would take on this responsibility. Other people suggested maybe having biscuits if we got the college funding, something like rich tea biscuits to tie in with the theme. Victoria suggested that we could maybe print off stickers to stick on the balloons and make them our own, we may do this if we have the funding. 

We then asked about the A2 design boards and decided as a group that we would produce these on the Thursday before our presentation on the Friday morning.

I felt as though it was quite a useful crit in a sense that we were able to listen to other groups' ideas and compare the amount of work we had all produced and how different people had approached the brief. At the same time however I feel as though we, as a group didn't really gain that much in terms of developing designs. I am looking forward to doing some extra design work and creating the box because I feel as though there isn't much more that I can contribute with until we start printing promotional design work off next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment