Friday 26 April 2013

OUGD406 - Speaking From Experience: Crit

This morning we had a crit session with Amber and Simon. We were put in to 6 groups of 6 and we were assigned to a table. We had to lay our work out on white sheets of paper to present it all. We were then asked to go around the table and explain our development and the decisions we have made.

After this, we then wrote feedback down for each individual, most people wanted advice on stock, font choice and whether they had enough work. I found that I was able to give quite constructive feedback which hopefully helped other group members. When it came to presenting my own work I had written down all of the different elements I am including within this brief, to ensure that I had asked everything I needed the answers for.

I feel as though the feedback I was given was quite constructive, however I would have benefitted even more if we had then proceeded to go around the whole class and ask for even more feedback, so that I could see whether there were many more suggestions.

I asked about the following elements:
  • Placemats and whether they would be used
  • Apron
  • Experimenting with laminating
  • Tupperware stickers
  • Blog or PDF with the recipes
  • Show what it would look like on an iPad
  • Storage or stand
  • Brown bags
  • Coasters
The feedback I got was really useful. I asked specifically about stock and font choice to get some general feedback:
  • I was told that the illustrative font worked well with my own illustrations
  • It was also suggested that I could use fridge magnets, which allowed me to explain my idea of buying small magnetic boards to use
  • The swirly font could be too feminine
  • I could use a rack that spins around to hand all of the different types of recipes on
  • I could iron on to an oven glove
  • The green stock was preferred, however the cream stock was also liked
  • James mentioned how I could melt plastic to create a stand
  • It was said that the individual cards could be misplaced, which is why I would use a belly band to keep them all together
As a class we then spoke about the feedback we had given so that Amber and Simon could see whether we were having any technical issues with printing our work.

I then asked a few more people for some feedback after the crit to clarify what I should do.








No comments:

Post a Comment