I printed all of my nets out at college on the A3 printer and it took me a whole day to cut them out as precisely as possible as well as construct them all. If I had had more time then I would have been able to use the lazer cutter instead. However I quite like the feeling of achievement after having cut them all out by hand. In addition, this is the same process I have used all year round so it would seem strange to change it on this final brief about me.
It was quite a struggle using a scalpel for all of the nets, so with some of them I used scissors as it saved me some time when cutting out the curved edges.
An alternative way of presenting my information would be to keep all of the pieces of paper inside loose so that they can then be taken out and stored in a separate container. Below I have photographed what this would look like. For example, if I was to send it off to a studio and they had nowhere to store the boxes, then this would be a practical alternative. However, the whole reason behind me printing the largest net on A3 paper was so that the overall product was compact. Therefore this would defeat the purpose and would also make the product less functional and more complicated. I have therefore decided to glue all of the text down instead like I had originally planned to do.
Below are the photographs of my final product or pack to represent me. I am really pleased with the outcome. I had a few issues with the closures and they could have been improved, however I have developed them so that the final box in the centre is the refined design with a well designed and functional closure. This illustrates the changes I have made along the way to make improvements to ensure that I am happy with the final product.
I did consider creating a belly band to put around the Sanctuary box. However I feel as though this would have been unnecessary, and simply a feature which wouldn't have had much of a function, rather be there for aesthetic purposes. I also wanted the boxes to be as accessible as possible and feel as though this would have probably made the pack more complicated than it needs to be.