Sunday 26 May 2013

OUGD402 - Presentation















Prompts

HELLO I'M LAURA
  • Introduce myself
HOW I KNOW GRAPHIC DESIGN IS FOR ME (SLIDE 1)
  • Prior to starting university I worked at Pandora's Box for two years
  • I hadn't studied Graphic Design at A level, just GCSE
  • Gave me the opportunity to learn and develop new skills
  • Website design, editorial as well as email designs
  • Could have worked my way up but needed to strengthen my abilities
  • Only used Photoshop

HOW I KNOW GRAPHIC DESIGN IS FOR ME (SLIDE 2)
  • Here are some examples of my web based work as well as an email design
  • Looking forward to developing with web design as I only worked with templates

HOW I KNOW GRAPHIC DESIGN IS FOR ME (SLIDE 3)
  • Whilst carrying on with work at Pandora's Box I did an art foundation
  • All work was based on graphic design
  • For my exhibition I used hand rendered drawings to create Thailand booklets

MADE THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE
  • Used to really want to go into editorial design and work for Vogue
  • Much preferred this course and therefore turned down the offer at Salford
  • So happy now that I am here

MAIN INSPIRATION
  • Decorative and sophisticated designs
  • Follow him on Instagram to view his latest work
  • Inspired me to try and use illustration more
  • Given me a goal to work towards
CHALLENGES ALONG THE WAY
  • Struggle and lack in confidence when it comes to applying colour to my work, especially since colour theory
  • Pleasantly surprised with the outcome of my postcards
  • Would love to try and incorporate colour in to my work more than I do
TURNING POINT
  • Pooch Pouch
  • Experimenting with nets
  • Packaging design

INTERACTIVITY
  • 10 things publication for design principles
  • Designed the publication and then tried to make it a bit different
  • Using trace I printed the grid and was pleased with the outcome as it made it a bit more memorable and interesting

ILLUSTRATION
  • I feel as though I have become more confident throughout the year with drawing
  • The positive feedback in crits have allowed me to push myself and grow
  • I'd like to think I have improved
  • Speaking from experience

FUTURE ASPIRATIONS
  • Visit studios
  • Would love to study abroad for the experience
  • Will be contacting Fabien Barral
  • Experiment with more mediums before settling on packaging alone
  • Want to be able to work in every area and be as confident as I am with packaging
  • Excited for web design
  • More editorial

MAINTAIN POSITIVITY
  • I have a very philosophical way of thinking
  • The main thing is to remain positive even when things feel challenging

IF YOU TRY YOUR BEST YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
  • Most importantly...

ANY QUESTIONS?










No comments:

Post a Comment