Sunday 26 May 2013

OUGD402 - Studio Brief 2: It's Up To You Primary Research (Liz Earle)

Below is some of the most recent Liz Earle perfume packaging. I have always loved their branding and the colours they use, but this is quite a change to their normal designs. I think it is so striking and organic, which is highly representative of the fragrance, and I love the illustrations in particular. The Liz Earle logo is clear, legible and functional, three things I would like to achieve when designing my own.





The smaller test tube sample is designed in an almost identical way. It works really well at both scales and this indicates the versatility of the design. I would like to produce something which is demonstrated at different scales to show that it is easy to replicate and apply at different sizes successfully.



Having recently visited the Salt House restaurant in Liverpool, whilst looking at the menu I felt inspired. The subtle use of colour works really well and complements the stock they have used, whilst the illustration at the bottom is very similar to the work I like to produce. When I looked at the menu I actually said to myself that I would love to incorporate the same colour scheme, or at least similar, into my work. Whether I choose to use a green or a similar tone, I feel it would be successful and sophisticated, in the same way that this is.


Once again I have picked up on the Liz Earle packaging for one of their other fragrances. I like how they have hidden the bottle inside and it is revealed by simply pulling a tab at the side. The leaves cover more than the front of the bottle, almost as if they are growing around the packaging. I think this makes it much more interesting as it makes the recipient turn the box over to see what is on the back.


This logo inspired me and I have drawn out an idea with my name in a similar way to this. I don't think it worked as well with my name but think it is a strong logo for Liz Earle.


No comments:

Post a Comment