Tuesday 1 October 2013

Summer Brief Presentation - Feedback

At the start of the session we were put in to different groups to present our work. We went round the group and had 5 minutes to present our work as well as give feedback to our peers. I found this was a really beneficial way of providing constructive criticism as we were in a smaller more intimate group as opposed to speaking to the whole year group.

The feedback I received:

  • Narrowed down research successfully
  • Explored both positive and negative effects of packaging
  • Found specific examples relating to the subject
  • Very factual in depth case studies
  • Know what you're talking about
  • Informative and interesting
  • Too many case studies?
  • Paper/wood packaging
  • Hemp plastic
  • Metal
  • Very informed research
  • Thorough history
  • Good link to personal future
  • Good case studies of specific companies
  • Good that you are thinking of sustainability and the future of graphic design
  • Looked at the ethical side of plastic
  • Explore nets and branding
  • Pros and cons

Having presented our work to the rest of our group we were then asked to put the feedback in to categories, whether it is constructive, something I like to hear (boosts ego) and feedback that could perhaps be given in more depth.

Constructive
  • Looked in to the history of plastic and the materials used, as well as the ethical side to plastic packaging.
  • Could look in to the actual design side of things, perhaps look at nets and the branding within packaging.
  • Paper/wood packaging
Things I want to hear
  • Good to see that you are thinking about sustainability and the future of graphic design.
  • Good link to personal future
Feedback that could be more in depth
  • Well researched and good facts.
  • Good case studies of specific companies
The examples I have chosen above indicate the most important feedback I received. A lot of the feedback was replicated which is why I haven't included it all in the lists above. I found that my feedback could have been a bit more informative and focused and the most relevant and outstanding piece of advice I received was to look at the nets and the branding within packaging, as I could quite easily collect plastic packaging and pull it apart to compare the complexity of the nets as well as how the branding differs depending on the product. This is something that would help me take an alternative route when it comes to me converting my research into a design in the future when we receive our brief.

We have also been asked to set 3 objectives for our Summer Brief:

1. Explore plastic packaging nets
2. Explore branding of plastic packaging
3. Research paper/wood packaging




No comments:

Post a Comment