Wednesday 18 December 2013

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 1: A Design Strategy (LGP Visit)

As part of my design for print brief I took it upon myself to try and visit as many printers in Leeds as possible. I came across LGP print in Leeds and was fortunate enough to be shown around on arrival. I hadn't contacted them beforehand, but just went along with my friend to see whether they would mind giving us a bit of a tour on the day. We were very pleasantly greeted and then shown around for an hour or so. It was really useful being able to gather first hand information from professionals and it was great being able to see the printing equipment which we are not usually exposed to. I felt as though this was a much more successful and refreshing use of my time as opposed to sitting at home and doing all of my research online. 

Whilst I was there I was able to ask a few questions about my brief, and was fortunate enough to be able to ask whether they would be interested in me creating some of their promotional materials for them, which I could base my design for print brief on. I am therefore currently still in the process of finishing this work for them, but I am hoping that once it is finished, if they like the leaflet I have created, then they may well use it to distribute to all of their clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment