Wednesday 16 April 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 1: A Design Strategy (Self Branding/Promotion Research)

Below are some of the examples of work I have found online which I find inspirational. I already have an idea for what I would like my branding to look like, so it is just a case of experimenting with layout and stock before I make a decision. 

I particularly love the design idea below as I have always loved cream and black branding. Jo Malone is one brand which I love and they use this colour scheme all throughout their branding. I think it is simple, classy and memorable. I love the idea of having a repeat pattern on the reverse of the business card, however I want to have space to put my contact details on there. 


I also thought it would be sensible to research into different ways people lay their work out. This will help me when it comes to me photographing my work for my presentation and also to showcase my work on my blog and Behance.


I like how this design also uses cream and black as well as white. I feel as though this colour scheme could work well for both my printed branding as well as my website. 


I love how this person has presented their work. It is simple, straight to the point and clean and professional. This is the impression I would like to give to my potential clients. 


This is a little bit more bold and not quite as subtle as the previous examples I have found. I feel as though the cream they have used here has too much of a yellow tint to it and the branding isn't exactly how I would imagine mine to look like. 


I like how this designer has photographed their work. The composition of it instantly makes the work look more intriguing and inspiring. I would like to try and demonstrate my work/portfolio in an interesting and memorable way. 


Although this work illustrates a lot of info graphics I still quite like the layout of the design and how they have arranged it all for photography purposes. 





Similarly here, I like how they have arranged examples of work and also how they have used a grey background to photograph their work on. This is something I will consider when I photograph my work. 


I think this branding is really strong. The logo is very bold and striking and the colour scheme is smart and sophisticated. I would like my branding to have the same effect as this. 




I like how this branding along with all of the other examples I have looked at, is simple and hasn't got any unnecessary stationary in the photograph. This is something I am going to consider when I photograph my work. 




Again, this design is professional and consistent. I think if I had photographed this work I wouldn't have used quite so many business cards. 



No comments:

Post a Comment