Thursday 17 April 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 2: A Design Presence (Business Card/Logo Development)

As I have already demonstrated a lot of logo development on another post, I have decided to create this separate post to show what some of my ideas look like once they are transferred to business card layouts.



I really like this idea as the line almost represents a 'wall' in between the first and surname. 


Taking inspiration from Naomi Pullman's logo (primary research from LCA) I have experimented with trying to join laura and wallbridge together. I think it works quite well, however I am not overly keen on it for my own branding as it doesn't work with my style of work.


Below are some basic business card layout designs. I placed a cream background on one of them as this is the colour of stock which I am considering using for my final pieces of work. 





As I love packaging, I have decided that I am going to experiment with incorporating a box into my branding. I am not sure at the moment whether this will add quality or cause the design to lose quality. I will only know from trying it out. 


These layouts are all quite similar, with the main differences being the square separating the text and the full stop at the end of each logo. I am also still unsure at the moment whether to refer to myself as laurawallbridge, laurajane or laurabruce which is why I am working with all of them at the moment. 

















I have come to the conclusion that the simpler the design, the better. I am not interested in over complicating my business card and I want it to be as professional looking as possible. I don't feel as though the boxes added a professional feel at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment