Wednesday 16 April 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 2: A Design Presence (Initial Logo Development)

Below is all of my initial logo development. I found it really challenging to come up with a logo design as I was unsure about what I would like to be referred to as. I could use a range of possibilities such as: laura jane, laura wallbridge-bruce, laura bruce, laura wallbridge and so on. I have had an experiment with a few of these ideas before settling on the final design.

Kozuka Gothic is a font which I have been fond of for a while now and I have managed to use it in some of my brief responses. I have decided that I am going to use this font for my personal branding as I know that it is well suited to my work. 

Below are some of my initial sketches for my branding. I thought about incorporating all of my initials into it, although I am not sure whether this is necessary. I often refer to myself as just 'Laura Bruce' which isn't my full name, but I feel as though it represents me as I have often been referred to as 'Brucey' throughout my life.


I quite liked the idea of using an angular design to represent the L and the J from 'Laura Jane'. I don't feel as though this works very well though as it doesn't really represent me. 

This is just a very rough demonstration of some of my further thought processes. I think I quite like 'Wallbridge' on its own as it is quite a strong word to use and I think it would be quite memorable as it is an unusual name. 


Here are some further design ideas. I experimented with using my initials as well as my full name or just my middle name and Bruce. I experimented with other fonts as well to see what I could create. I am quite happy with some of these ideas, I prefer the idea of using Kozuka instead. I don't feel as though uppercase type is necessary either as lowercase is more suited to my personality. 


It is clear from the examples below that I decided which of my previous ideas were more suited to me. I have experimented further with using Kozuka Gothic and I think this is the one I will be using for my final logo. I like the idea of having it all in lowercase, some in a light font and some in bold. This is similar to one of the examples I have blogged about for primary research. 




No comments:

Post a Comment