Thursday 1 May 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 1: A Design Strategy (Student Ambassador/Student Rep)

This year I have been working as a student ambassador. I have found this role extremely beneficial, as it has allowed me to grow with confidence when talking to new people as well as helping me with my presentation skills. I think this is an invaluable experience and it is something which I will be able to value forever. I have been involved with open days, showing prospective students around college, as well as registration and being the welcoming face to anyone who is arriving for their interview or simply a tour. I have also engaged in further work such as preparing for open days and setting everything up around the college, as well as filling bags so that they are ready to distribute. 

As a student representative I have also been given the opportunity to sign up to focus groups. This involved quite a small group of people getting together to review the freshers period of university and discussing how it could be improved if it needs to be. I felt like this was a valuable experience for me, as I feel it is important that I am able to communicate everyone's issues and speak on behalf of them. The meeting was with students from other disciplines and also the staff from the Student Union so I am hoping that all of the points that we made, will be taking into consideration for next year, to give the new first year's a better chance of feeling settled and welcomed into the college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment