Wednesday 14 May 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 1: A Design Strategy (Ethical Practice)

Throughout this year, I have realised that it isn't as easy as I had initially imaged to be a sustainable designer and to be ethically correct in the production of every product. I realised this when I visited LGP Print in Leeds. I had a long conversation when I visited, which was all based on the fact that clients often choose the cheapest option as opposed to the most eco friendly. This is because, in order to be eco friendly, vegetable based inks have to be used, which means that printers require a special printer for this, and it is all costly in its self. I try to be sustainable when I can be, and I wrote about this in my COP essay. I discussed sustainability and ethical in multinational companies. This is something I am still extremely passionate about and I plan on considering further over the Summer and into the third year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment