Saturday 10 May 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 2: A Design Presence (Stock Choice)

If I had more time I would have been able to contact Fedrigoni for some paper samples to print on for this brief. However, I decided that, due to the time restraints as well as cost, it would be more cost effective for me to buy the stock locally instead. 

I visited Paperchase and WHSmith to see what they had. I found some which I loved in Paperchase but they only had it at A4 scale and I need some of my print outs to be on A3. I then went to WHSmith and found some stock which is the perfect shade.

I bought some which is 100gsm, 120gsm and 140gsm as they had limited stock. This works well for me though because I won't need to print my invoice out on stock which is really thick. When I decide that my branding is suitable enough to distribute and give to clients I am going to have it printed professionally and I am also going to print all of my branding on Fedrigoni stock, as I have now luckily got a contact who is in direct contact with them in Italy all of the time. This means that I will be able to get hold of stock quite easily. It is just a shame I didn't have this contact earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment