Saturday 10 May 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 2: A Design Presence (Final Website)

This is my final website design. I wanted to try and keep it as clean and simple as possible. I also wanted to try and create a website which I could transform to become a live website. Obviously, at the moment, for the purpose of completing this brief it isn't really important for me to do this, as it is likely that I will change and improve my branding over the Summer. 

I did a bit of research into how I could create a website online, and decided to use Weebly. Weebly allowed me to choose a basic template and then adjust elements of it in the CSS coding. Initially, I experimented with different templates to see whether I thought this website was suitable for me. I found it quite easy to use and thought it would be one way that I could demonstrate my website without it simply being a static image on the screen. This way I can thoroughly consider navigation as well. 

I have decided to use three different pages as I feel as though anymore would be unnecessary. I like the idea of having sections such as 'work', 'about', and 'contact'. I can cover all of the relevant information using these categories without overcrowding my website.



I have incorporated a divider in between each of the projects to allow my website to look organised and ordered. I am really happy with the outcome of this design decision as I think it works really well to separate one project from the next.





I have applied all of my images and a small description to my website in a linear format. I wanted to incorporate a lot of negative space to draw attention to all of the different briefs. Once I had added all of the different projects to my site, I then added a button to the bottom of the page so that the user can easily navigate to the next page without having to scroll all the way up to the top again.


My 'about' and 'contact' pages are very clean and simple and straight to the point. I didn't want to bombard the user with too much information as I don't think they would take it all in.




On Weebly, it gives the option to show what the website will look like on an iphone. I find the option really beneficial as it has allowed me to view what it will look like without me having to change the format manually.



Overall Evaluation

Overall, I am really pleased with the outcome of my website. I think it serves its purpose to promote me as a graphic designer. I am considering using Weebly in the future to create my own website and I may upgrade to the improved version. At the moment my website is live but I haven't included it on my printed materials as I know that I am likely to change the address for it when I build it properly in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment