Friday 9 May 2014

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 2: A Design Presence (Final Printed Materials)

This blog post shows all of my development leading up to my final pieces of work for submission. I ended up printing my work in the digital dungeon at college as I couldn't justify spending the money on Moo printing for something which is likely to develop over the Summer through to next year when I have discovered myself even more having had a placement involving packaging design for the whole of the Summer period. 


Portfolio

I wanted to create a portfolio which could be folded away easily but also represents me as a designer. Rather than supplying the recipient with a box in the post (as it is bound to get damaged) I decided to create a simple fold out portfolio which can be transformed into a box to showcase my work. I am really pleased with this concept and feel as though it has worked quite well. The only thing I am slightly disappointed with is the quality of the print on the stock that I have used across the whole range. 

This is something which isn't a huge issue however, as it can easily be resolved in the future when they are mass produced. I think I would also like to get some feedback over the Summer when I am doing my placement to see what they think about this idea, as I may end up wanting to alter it slightly. This feedback would be invaluable and so relevant as I have already been told that I can work for them when I finish college and so they would be a potential employer who would receive this in the post. 



The idea is that the box can be folded one way to create a box and then it can also be reversed to reveal my contact details on the inside. 




Business Cards

My final business cards have been designed with a really simple layout design. I spent a lot of time cutting all of the cards out as I wanted them to be as accurate and as neat as possible. I have also tried to recreate the 'sandwich' effect by attaching each of the cream business cards to two pieces of black card in the centre. 

When I received my Moo samples in the post, I loved the Luxe cards in particular, and so here I have tried to recreate them in my own way. I am really pleased that I have been able to craft all of this myself because I feel as though I have achieved a lot more and learnt even more about my craft skills this way. I obviously wouldn't do it myself when distributing them in the future but for the time being I feel as though this has been another learning curve which is really positive.







Envelope

My envelope is a simple design, with enough room to fold all of the A4 sheets down to fit inside of it. It is the same dimensions as a DL envelope and I am really pleased with the overall outcome! 


Everything Together

Here are all of my printed materials ready for me to photograph professionally. I am really pleased with the outcome of this work and I am looking forward to moving forward with this brief and developing my website.




No comments:

Post a Comment