Wednesday 25 February 2015

OUGD602 - PPP3: Packaging Innovations

Today I visited Packaging Innovations at the NEC in Birmingham. I was in heaven! I felt quite nervous turning up when I knew that I would be the only student there. I spoke to a lot of people and came away with lots of samples.

I went to a talk which was set up to be a bit like Dragon's Den. One of the dragons was Roger Wright, the head Packaging Technologist at Marks and Spencer. Later on in the day I saw him walking around and managed to go and speak to him and give him my business card and details. He has since emailed me and put me in touch with the Marks and Spencer design studio down in London, so I am going to contact them about work experience.

I was also fortunate enough to meet a couple of people from MacFarlane packaging, who work on packaging for the likes of The White Company, as well as many other brands. This would be a dream job of mine! I explained that I would be graduating this year and he said that he would contact me when there are any job openings in the North West.

I also saw Colin Pow from The Label Makers. I met Colin when I was on my placement with Sharples and Grant over the Summer. He gave me one of their sample booklets which I have wanted ever since I first met him. So overall I am extremely pleased with the contacts I have made today and I am so pleased I visited!


No comments:

Post a Comment